November is here and with it comes Thanksgiving. So it seemed appropriate to have the theme of the month be GIVE THANKS. Of course you can tie it in to Thanksgiving if you choose, but I suspect many of you will decide to step outside of the expected and find a different direction to go. No matter what you choose – I know the ATCs will all be fabulous.
Giving Thanks is all about gratitude. I practice gratitude daily and I know that it helps me through the days. There is always something to appreciate and be thankful for. Perhaps it is the first cup of coffee in the morning. Perhaps it is the beautiful sunshine and blue sky. Perhaps it is the sound of laughter. Perhaps it is just knowing you are getting to spend another day on this amazing planet. What are you grateful for?
I love all the quotes there are about thankfulness and gratitude. They remind us that our lives are full and rich and good and happy. When we dwell on those good things, we are happier and more successful. I believe in the power of gratitude. Do you?
I look forward to seeing your ATCs for this month’s challenge. Remember to get them turned in by the end of the month.
I’ll be posting the ATCs for our October theme of Wild Wild West sometime in the next week or so. There are lots of fun ATCs this month, so be sure to check back to see what everyone created, and find out if you are a winner (you can’t win if you don’t enter).
For those of you who want to work ahead, the December ATC challenge will be Winter Wonderland!
ATC stands for Artist Trading Card. A little bitty piece of art created by you. Here are the
rules guidelines for the challenge.
- your ATC needs to be 2.5″ x 3.5″
- you can use any medium you like (paper, fabric, metal, clay, etc)
- you can use any technique you like (a great way to try something new)
- art work is on the front
- your personal info is on the back (name, location, contact info, date, title)
- all skill levels welcome
- this is a WTA – winner take all – so one person will ‘win’ all of the ATCs submitted (if we get more than 20 entries, there will be 2 winners – if we get more than 30 entries, there will be 3 winners, and so on)
- submit one ATC (you get one chance to win with each ATC submitted – if you submit more than one you get extra chances – but make them different since one person might win all of them)
- you can’t win if you don’t enter 🙂
- deadline is Nov 30th – you can drop it off if you are local or mail it to the address below
I’d like it if you could include your city, state and country on the back side of your ATC. We have several Int’l participants as well as people from all over the USA, and I know they would love it if they knew where you were from. We don’t all know each other personally, so the info you provide is greatly appreciated. Another idea is to include your email or blog address as well. It’s not necessary, but nice for the winner to have in case they would like to contact you.
I love this monthly challenge and I am always grateful to those of you who submit entries(perhaps I need to do an ATC about being grateful to all of you?) . Tell your friends too. The more the merrier for this challenge, as we have extra winners with more entries. And really, everyone is welcome to join the fun no matter what skill level you are at. 🙂 It is a great way to practice new stuff.
Have fun and I look forward to seeing your GIVE THANKS ATCs.
Let Your Inner Artist Out To Play
Blue Twig Studio – 5039 N Academy Blvd – Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – USA