April Showers Bring May Flowers! And It Is About Time!
Welcome to a new monthly ATC challenge. As the saying goes “April Showers bring May Flowers”, so we shall be doing FLOWERS for our May ATC Challenge. After the weather we have been having lately, I am absolutely ready for Spring and sunshine and flowers! Can’t Mother Nature make up her mind whether it is winter or spring out there?
The April ATC challenge was WEATHER, and the photos of all the participants and the winner will be posted in a few days. The wonderful creativity of all of my readers is amazing to see. Thanks so much for sending in all of your beautiful works of art and sharing a little bit of your creativity with the rest of us. 🙂
ATC stands for Artist Trading Card. A little bitty piece of art created by you. Here are the
rules guidelines for the challenge.
- your ATC needs to be 2.5″ x 3.5″
- you can use any medium you like (paper, fabric, metal, clay, etc)
- you can use any technique you like (a great way to try something new)
- art work is on the front
- your personal info is on the back (name, location, contact info, date, title)
- all skill levels welcome
- this is a WTA – winner take all – so one person will ‘win’ all of the ATCs submitted (if we get more than 20 entries, there will be 2 winners announced)
- submit one ATC (you get one chance to win with each ATC submitted – if you submit more than one you get extra chances – but make them different since one person will win all of them :))
- you can’t win if you don’t enter 🙂
- deadline is May 31 – you can drop it off if you are local or mail it to the address below
I’d like it if you could include your city, state and country on the back side of your ATC. We have several Int’l participants as well as people from all over the USA, and I know they would love it if they knew where you were from. We don’t all know each other personally, so the info you provide is greatly appreciated. Another idea is to include your email or blog address as well. It’s not necessary, but nice for the winner to have in case they would like to contact you.
I hope you will join the fun of the monthly ATC challenge. It is a great opportunity to try something new and play with mixed media techniques. You only need to make one little itty bitty ATC, so it is really easy to complete. Get your friends to join the fun too. The more the merrier.
So the May theme is Flowers and I know there will be a lot of great entries for this theme. I’ve been looking forward to it for awhile now, so I am definitely ready to create some blossoming ATCs. For those of you who like to plan ahead, the June theme is Doorways! Now that one is going to be interesting too. Have fun!
Blue Twig Studio – 5965 Whiskey River Dr – Colorado Springs, CO 80923 – USA
Let Your Inner Artist Out To Play
Sign up for the Blue Twig Studio weekly newsletter here.
- BIRDS Blog Challenge Winner! (bluetwigstudio.wordpress.com)
- Winner of the ATCs for February (bluetwigstudio.wordpress.com)
- Dance Winner! (bluetwigstudio.wordpress.com)