Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living. ~Miriam Beard
Welcome to a new monthly ATC challenge. I know that March brings with it the Wind, ushering in Spring and all that involves. But with it also comes the idea of change – changing from Winter to Spring, from dark to light, from dormant to growth. I also like to think of it as a time to make travel plans. So with that in mind, we are doing TRAVEL for the March ATC Challenge. Where do you want to go? Where have you been? What sights have you seen? What wonders of the world have you explored? Oh the possibilities!
The February ATC challenge was HEARTS, and the photos of all the participants and the winner will be posted in a few days. The wonderful creativity of all of my readers is amazing to see. Thanks so much for sending in all of your beautiful works of art and sharing a little bit of your creativity with the rest of us. 🙂
ATC stands for Artist Trading Card. A little bitty piece of art created by you. Here are the
rules guidelines for the challenge.
- your ATC needs to be 2.5″ x 3.5″
- you can use any medium you like (paper, fabric, metal, clay, etc)
- you can use any technique you like (a great way to try something new)
- art work is on the front
- your personal info is on the back (name, location, contact info, date, title)
- all skill levels welcome
- this is a WTA – winner take all – so one person will ‘win’ all of the ATCs submitted (if we get more than 20 entries, there will be 2 winners announced)
- submit one ATC (you get one chance to win with each ATC submitted – if you submit more than one you get extra chances – but make them different since once person will win all of them :))
- you can’t win if you don’t enter 🙂
- deadline is March 31st – you can drop it off if you are local or mail it to the address below
I’d like it if you could include your city, state and country on the back side of your ATC. We have several Int’l participants as well as people from all over the USA, and I know they would love it if they knew where you were from. We don’t all know each other personally, so the info you provide is greatly appreciated. Another idea is to include your email or blog address as well. It’s not necessary, but nice for the winner to have in case they would like to contact you.
I hope you will join the fun of the monthly ATC challenge. It is a great opportunity to try something new and play with mixed media techniques. You only need to make one ATC, so it is really easy to complete. Get your friends to join the fun too. The more the merrier.
So the March theme is TRAVEL and I know there will be a lot of great entries for this theme. For those of you who like to plan ahead, the April theme is Weather. Have fun!
Blue Twig Studio – 5965 Whiskey River Dr – Colorado Springs, CO 80923 – USA
Let Your Inner Artist Out To Play
Sign up for the Blue Twig Studio weekly newsletter here.
- Monthly ATC Challenge – Dance (bluetwigstudio.wordpress.com)
- BIRDS Blog Challenge Winner! (bluetwigstudio.wordpress.com)
- Time Winner! (bluetwigstudio.wordpress.com)
- Monthly ATC Challenge – Hearts (bluetwigstudio.wordpress.com)