Welcome to a new monthly ATC challenge. The September theme is Vintage ! The term vintage is a bit mysterious. What do you think of when you hear the word Vintage? Lace and velvet and buttons? Model T cars? Your Grandmother’s quilt? The official definition is about wine and the year it was produced. Which is definitely not the first thing I think of when I hear the word Vintage. The more common use is anything that is old, which is a bit vague. A lot of people think it is synonymous with antique. One definition that I like is that antique is 100 years old or more, and vintage is 25 years old or more. Of course, that means my kids are vintage now (don’t tell them that :)).
However you decide to interpret the theme Vintage, is up to you. Although I am thinking some 60′s Flower Power Flashbacks might be in order…….But I fully expect to see quite a variety of ATCs.
The August theme was Song Lyrics and I will be posting those photos in a few days and announcing the winner, so be sure to check back to see if you are the lucky winner.
ATC stands for Artist Trading Card. A little bitty piece of art created by you. Here are the
rules guidelines for the challenge.
- your ATC needs to be 2.5″ x 3.5″
- you can use any medium you like (paper, fabric, metal, clay, etc)
- you can use any technique you like (a great way to try something new)
- art work is on the front
- your personal info is on the back (name, location, contact info, date, title)
- all skill levels welcome
- this is a WTA – winner take all – so one person will ‘win’ all of the ATCs submitted (if we get more than 20 entries, there will be 2 winners announced)
- submit one ATC (you get one chance to win with each ATC submitted – if you submit more than one you get extra chances – but make them different since one person will win all of them :))
- you can’t win if you don’t enter
- deadline is Sept 30th – you can drop it off if you are local or mail it to the address below
I’d like it if you could include your city, state and country on the back side of your ATC. We have several Int’l participants as well as people from all over the USA, and I know they would love it if they knew where you were from. We don’t all know each other personally, so the info you provide is greatly appreciated. Another idea is to include your email or blog address as well. It’s not necessary, but nice for the winner to have in case they would like to contact you.
I hope you will join the fun of the monthly ATC challenge. It is a great opportunity to try something new and play with mixed media techniques. You only need to make one little itty bitty ATC, so it is really easy to complete. Get your friends to join the fun too. The more the merrier. And the challenge is open to All Skill Levels. Don’t be afraid to enter even if you haven’t ever made an ATC before. You have to start somewhere!
So the September theme is Vintage and I know there will be a lot of great entries for this theme. I have so many ideas already, I just hope I have time to get in the studio and make some ATCs. For those of you who like to plan ahead, the October theme is Paris! Have fun!
Blue Twig Studio - 5965 Whiskey River Dr – Colorado Springs, CO 80923 – USA
Let Your Inner Artist Out To Play
Sign up for the Blue Twig Studio weekly newsletter here.
- BIRDS Blog Challenge Winner! (bluetwigstudio.wordpress.com)
- Winner of the ATCs for February (bluetwigstudio.wordpress.com)
- Dance Winner! (bluetwigstudio.wordpress.com)
- Finally we get the Weather Winner! (bluetwigstudio.wordpress.com)
- And the Flower winner is…… (bluetwigstudio.wordpress.com)
- Doorways ATCs Winner (bluetwigstudio.wordpress.com)
- Safari ATCs (bluetwigstudio.wordpress.com)