Hearts understand in ways that minds cannot. ~Louis Wilson
Welcome to a new monthly ATC challenge. With Valentines Day just around the corner, I thought it would be appropriate (even if it is a cliche) to have the February ATC theme be Hearts, to celebrate Love! Hearts symbolize love and affection and connection and life itself. We cannot live without our hearts beating. (The January challenge photos and winner will be announced in a few days. I know I am still waiting on a couple of ATCs in the mail.)
The February ATC challenge is HEARTS. This time of year we are saturated with pink and red and hearts and love, etc. But that doesn’t mean we don’t want even more of such things. I know that the Heart symbol has a lot of meaning for many people, and I expect this month’s ATCs will showcase those meanings beautifully.
ATC stands for Artist Trading Card. A little bitty piece of art created by you. Here are the
rules guidelines for the challenge.
- your ATC needs to be 2.5″ x 3.5″
- you can use any medium you like (paper, fabric, metal, clay, etc)
- you can use any technique you like (a great way to try something new)
- art work is on the front
- your personal info is on the back (name, location, contact info, date, title)
- all skill levels welcome
- this is a WTA – winner take all – so one person will ‘win’ all of the ATCs submitted
- submit one ATC (you get one chance to win with each ATC submitted – if you submit more than one you get extra chances – but make them different since once person will win all of them)
- you can’t win if you don’t enter
- deadline is Feb 28th – you can drop it off if you are local or mail it to the address below
I’d like it if you could include your city, state and country on the back side of your ATC. We have several Int’l participants and I know they would love it if they knew where you were from (if they win the ATCs). Another idea is to include your email or blog address as well. It’s not necessary, but nice for the winner to have in case they would like to contact you.
I hope you will join the fun of the monthly ATC challenge. It is a great opportunity to try something new and play with mixed media techniques. You only need to make one ATC, so it is really easy to complete. Get your friends to join the fun too. The more the merrier.
So the Feb theme is HEARTS and I know there will be a lot of great entries for this theme. For those of you who like to plan ahead, the March theme is Travel. Have fun!
Blue Twig Studio - 5965 Whiskey River Dr – Colorado Springs, CO 80923 – USA
Let Your Inner Artist Out To Play
Sign up for the Blue Twig Studio weekly newsletter here.