Are you ready for the October ATC challenge? We are doing the WILD WILD WEST for October. How fun is that going to be?
Cowboys and horses and rodeos and boots and cattle drives and saloons and so much more. John Wayne and Calamity Jane and Billy the Kid and Marshall Dillon and Annie Oakley. Yep, we have a lot to choose from for this month’s challenge. It should inspire lots of creativity.
Growing up in the west I have seen my share of western movies and western museums of artifacts and read books about the west. I’ve been to rodeos and rode horses and camped in the wilderness. The wide open spaces and beauty of nature is part of the West. But there is also a ruggedness and heartiness of being that goes along with life in the Wild West. Can you capture that essence in your ATCs?
I hope you enjoy this month’s theme and have some fun with it. I look forward to seeing your WILD WILD WEST ATCs.
I’ll be posting the ATCs for our September theme of ON THE ROAD sometime in the next week or so. So be sure to check back to see what everyone created.
For those of you who want to work ahead, the November ATC challenge theme will be GIVE THANKS!
ATC stands for Artist Trading Card. A little bitty piece of art created by you. Here are the
rules guidelines for the challenge.
- your ATC needs to be 2.5″ x 3.5″
- you can use any medium you like (paper, fabric, metal, clay, etc)
- you can use any technique you like (a great way to try something new)
- art work is on the front
- your personal info is on the back (name, location, contact info, date, title)
- all skill levels welcome
- this is a WTA – winner take all – so one person will ‘win’ all of the ATCs submitted (if we get more than 20 entries, there will be 2 winners – if we get more than 30 entries, there will be 3 winners, and so on)
- submit one ATC (you get one chance to win with each ATC submitted – if you submit more than one you get extra chances – but make them different since one person will win all of them :))
- you can’t win if you don’t enter :)
- deadline is Oct 31st – you can drop it off if you are local or mail it to the address below
I’d like it if you could include your city, state and country on the back side of your ATC. We have several Int’l participants as well as people from all over the USA, and I know they would love it if they knew where you were from. We don’t all know each other personally, so the info you provide is greatly appreciated. Another idea is to include your email or blog address as well. It’s not necessary, but nice for the winner to have in case they would like to contact you.
I love this monthly challenge and I am always grateful to those of you who submit entries. Tell your friends too. The more the merrier for this challenge, as we have extra winners with more entries. And really, everyone is welcome to join the fun no matter what skill level you are at. :) It is a great way to practice new stuff.
Have fun and I look forward to seeing your WILD WILD WEST ATCs!!!!!! Yee Haw! Git along little dogie! :)
Let Your Inner Artist Out To Play
Blue Twig Studio – 5039 N Academy Blvd – Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – USA