September is here and the new challenge is ON THE ROAD! Anyone ready for a ROAD TRIP?
© Cristian Nitu | Dreamstime Stock Photos
I love a road trip, although I don’t get to do it very often. But the fun of climbing into a car with friends or family and driving to your destination is so much more entertaining than getting on a plane and arriving. The conversations, the laughter, the interesting things you see along the way.
I’ve always wanted to take a really long and leisurely road trip across the USA. There is so much to see along the way. All the crazy tourist attractions like the largest ball of string ever! Or the museums and art galleries of various locals which are always different than what you see at home. Or how about the food? Every region has it’s own special flavors that are sure to entice. What about the landscapes you see? Every place has different trees and flowers and architecture, all beautiful and interesting.
© Kenneth Sponsler | Dreamstime Stock Photos
Sometimes the road trip is just you and your vehicle. Every road trip doesn’t have to be a family adventure. Some road trips are good by yourself. The feeling of freedom, of stopping when and where you want, of taking your time and exploring small shops and eating at roadside diners. What might you see along the way if you took your time?
© Roman Milert | Dreamstime Stock Photos
Or maybe you will interpret the theme much more literally – and share something actually On The Road!!!! Maybe Road Kill? Ha Ha
I’ll be posting the ATCs for our August theme of AT THE CIRCUS sometime in the next week or so. I haven’t received as many ATCs as I was hoping, but they are still really great! Perhaps everyone was busy trying to fit in one more summer vacation or camping trip before back to school!
For those of you who want to work ahead, the October ATC challenge theme will be WILD WEST!
ATC stands for Artist Trading Card. A little bitty piece of art created by you. Here are the
rules guidelines for the challenge.
- your ATC needs to be 2.5″ x 3.5″
- you can use any medium you like (paper, fabric, metal, clay, etc)
- you can use any technique you like (a great way to try something new)
- art work is on the front
- your personal info is on the back (name, location, contact info, date, title)
- all skill levels welcome
- this is a WTA – winner take all – so one person will ‘win’ all of the ATCs submitted (if we get more than 20 entries, there will be 2 winners – if we get more than 30 entries, there will be 3 winners, and so on)
- submit one ATC (you get one chance to win with each ATC submitted – if you submit more than one you get extra chances – but make them different since one person will win all of them :))
- you can’t win if you don’t enter :)
- deadline is Sept 30th – you can drop it off if you are local or mail it to the address below
I’d like it if you could include your city, state and country on the back side of your ATC. We have several Int’l participants as well as people from all over the USA, and I know they would love it if they knew where you were from. We don’t all know each other personally, so the info you provide is greatly appreciated. Another idea is to include your email or blog address as well. It’s not necessary, but nice for the winner to have in case they would like to contact you.
I love this monthly challenge and I am always grateful to those of you who submit entries. Tell your friends too. The more the merrier for this challenge, as we have extra winners with more entries. And really, everyone is welcome to join the fun no matter what skill level you are at. :) It is a great way to practice new stuff.
Have fun and I look forward to seeing your ROAD TRIP ATCs!!!!!! On the Road again – just can’t wait to get on the Road again! :)
Let Your Inner Artist Out To Play
Blue Twig Studio – 5039 N Academy Blvd – Colorado Springs, CO 80918 – USA